Gambling should be an enjoyable and safe activity. However, when it becomes a burden, it can adversely affect various aspects of your life. If you or someone you know is struggling with gambling issues, help is readily available.
Here are some warning signs that you or someone close to you may have a gambling problem:
- Deception about gambling activities to family and friends
- Absenteeism from work due to gambling
- Gambling as an escape from stress or problems
- Engaging in theft to fund gambling
- Borrowing money to sustain gambling activities
- Using money designated for bills or accumulating debt due to gambling
For those who recognize these signs and feel that gambling has become problematic, various resources are available for immediate assistance. Some of these include:
EATA Recovery UK
USA Gamblers Anonymous
Canada Problem Gambling
NCP Gambling International Helpline
The silver lining is that support systems are in place, and numerous free resources can guide you towards recovery. All you need to do is reach out.